Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Susannah Married Who??

Sorry I built up the anticipation for so long...crazy week.

We left off with finding the marriage record for Susannah Tonks. This record gives some good information so we know this is the right Susannah.

Father's Name: Timothy Tonks
Bride's Birth: 1832
Bride's Age: 18
Marriage Place: St. Giles', Willenhall, Staffordshire, England
Marriage Date: 21 January 1850
Groom's Name: ....... (I'll let you look for yourself. If you click on the image, it will come up bigger in a new screen.)


Does that say THOMAS HUGHES??

Yep, it sure does. This was not quite the information I was looking for when I was looking up her marriage, but it works! This obviously brought up tons of questions, but I decided that the next best thing to do would be to look them up on the 1851 Census. This is what I found:


It says that Thomas Hughes and Susannah are married. Thomas is 23 and Susannah is 19, and they were both born in Willenhall. Thomas is a locksmith (just like Susannah's father).

The next step was to look them up in the 1861 Census. But here's the thing... I couldn't find them anywhere! At all. In all of England. hmm....

1 comment:

  1. Angela, your research is so interesting! Its fun to follow and see the records that you are finding after talking about them.

    ReplyDelete