Thursday, January 26, 2012

Susannah Tonks?

Timothy's daughter, Susannah, has been quite an interesting and confusing person to research. Susannah was born in 1833. We know she married my ancestor, Aaron Hill, but we don't have an exact date for that. To start gathering information on Susannah, I decided to do a census search for Susannah and her parents in 1841 and 1851 in Staffordshire, England. In 1841, when Susannah was about seven years old, I found her with her parents and some of her siblings in Willenhall, Staffordshire, England.

I then searched for Susannah Tonks in the 1851 census, and I came up with nothing. I wasn't too concerned because Susannah would about have been about 18 years old, so she must have gotten married. I then looked up the marriage of Susannah Tonks in the FamilySearch Historical Database. And what I found was quite the surprise....

2 comments: