Sunday, February 26, 2012

Podcast

Even after our discussion in class about our podcasts and how it did not count as our post for the week, I still spaced it... So I'll make sure to post twice this week.

I guess I will talk about my podcast and how to all ties in to my research. I'll go into more detail later, but here is the reason the information in this podcast is so important. One day as I was searching the Harold B. Lee Library catalog to see if there were any published family histories on my family, I came upon this book called The Jobe Hill Journal. I knew that Aaron Hill and Susannah Tonks had a son named Job, so I decided to take a look at the journal. On the first page, Job says that his parents are Aaron Hill and Susannah Tonks. He also mentions that his grandfather's name is Timothy Tonks. While it seems like this is just simple information, in my case, it was of great genealogical value.

Because there were many Susannah Tonks that Aaron could have married, getting the information of who Susannah's father proved which Susannah Aaron married. Listen to the podcast to hear some of Job's words. (You can find it on the right bar of my blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment